Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cloud Computing will it vanish?

Cloud computing is the buzz these days. But we all know about clouds, they are just vapor. One minute they are wonderful and the next they are gone. Many of these cloud companies went out of business when the economy changed and anyone holding data with them lost it.




Now I would like to give my favorite view on cloud computing and cloud data storage.

Lets say you give me your wallet to hold with all your money and all your credit cards and all your personal information like social security numbers, your wife’s number, your girlfriends numbers, your children’s birth certificates and all your family photos. Now you will pay me every month to hold this information for you.

I must safeguard it from hackers. It should be available 24/7 100% so you can access it anytime you want.

Sound good? Okay so I go on vacation with all your wallet of goodies, maybe I don't come back and maybe my security is not so good or the power company shuts me off because I bought a car instead of paying the electric bill? So what about your data?

I think I'll sell copies of your data to raise money, and maybe I'll flee the country or just file bankruptcy.

So now where was your valuable data?

No comments: