Friday, January 2, 2015

What are you? are you an Evangelist?

It's 2015 and it's time to ask what are you on the internet?   Are you a surfer?  a poster?  a writer of some sort?  maybe an Evangelist?  Really I wonder what an Evangelist is.   According to the dictionaries it's someone that wants to convert me to their religion.   Would that make an "Internet Evangelist" someone that wants to convert me to their way of using the internet?  Will you be preaching to me about the internet?  can you preach to me about the internet?  are you nerdy enough to meet that challenge?  Then you have to redefine what is a "Computer Nerd" today?  I know some pretty pumped up nerds that could pass as jocks.  I knew one nerd that the pocket protector was a lethal weapon in his hands. He's got a black belt to hold up his pants.  Is Bill Gates still the ultimate revenge of the nerds?  Nice wife, cool cars, his own jet, is he a super nerd? 

Is the 'Internet' a religion that someone should preach about?  Is the use of the word Evangelist the right word?  or are we just so desperate to slap labels on ourselves to gain respect that normally it would take years to earn?  
Then you look at my site and wonder how could he call himself a "Life Guru"?  Actually I didn't it was other persons that kept calling me that.  If you look up the definition on the internet you might after reading this agree with them,  but then again you might not.  I will leave that to you. 

For this year I look forward to achieving the ultimate label after my name, "Person",  I simply want to be a good person and in return I hope you will be a good person too. 

No comments: