Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Scuba.com no great deals

Scuba.com is a website for scuba divers to buy gear at supposedly reduced prices.  This would be great if the gear was actually worth the reduced price.  It's more like cheaper gear in a good looking photo.
I bought from them once before and received junk, had to send it back twice at my own expense.  Buying a 50 dollar item ended up costing me 50 dollars in shipping charges to return it with the blame being placed on the manufacturer.

You might have thought I learned my lesson,  wrong I'm a glutton for punishment.  I got an email for a t-shirt with a very nice design on it.  That's where the nice part ends.  The shirt was 14.95 and then when I got to the shipping part it was about $7.45 for shipping.  The order was placed on 10/21/14 by 10/31/14 I still had not gotten the shirt.  The shirt finally showed up a couple of days later.
I think the postal service walked it across the country.

So I finally get this shirt in my hands and the fabric is so thin you can practically see through it.  Light weight yes.  So far the only thing going for this shirt is the design which if I had bought a newer T-shirt would look like this one after a few washes.   It now cost $22.40 for a T-shirt.

Will I continue to shop online yes, will it be with Scuba.com?  Nope.   I would recommend Divers Direct they have better quality and better service.  Is it mean to write this story?  not really it's my experience with this company I gave them a second shot and they dropped the ball again.  It was a simple T-shirt this time. 
  

No comments: